Chelsea has an extraordinary design heritage and renowned for its bohemian free thinkers and creative throughout the centuries and for the very first time, will be participating in this year’s London Design Festival 2019 with the creation of the Chelsea Design District. From 14-22 September, celebrate the neighbourhood which is rich in artistry and artisan making with a series of events, experiences and talks.
- Collaboration with Caroline Issa, Monica Vinader – a series of events across London Design Festival to celebrate the collaboration, colour and distinctive design.
- Timothy Oulton Flagship store launch at Bluebird – the daring furniture and interiors brand is launching its new worldwide flagship gallery at Bluebird, featuring its most iconic designs alongside rare vintage collectibles and one-offs, including a custom-designed spaceship.
- I-Made at Saatchi, 19-22 September – Saatchi hosts the inaugural I-Made, London’s first exhibition solely dedicated to Italian design and manufacture along with talks and workshops that capture the country’s passion, innovation and craftsmanship.
- The Art of Persuasion, the National Army Museum – major exhibition exploring the life and legacy of the iconic designer Abram Games, focusing on his time as ‘Official War Poster Artist’ during the Second World War.
- Peter Jones & Partners presents a story of their building – Chelsea stalwart Peter Jones presents the fascinating story of its Grade II listed building, with a pop-up exhibition exploring how the shop has changed from 1877 to today, as the store prepares to renovate its iconic façade.
- ‘The World of Kaffe Fasset’, Anthropologie – an exhibition to include new and exclusive pieces as well as treasures from the past.
- Collaboration with Winch Design, The Rug Company – a unique exhibition celebrating the collaboration between The Rug Company and Winch Design
- Waste No More, Eileen Fisher – zero-waste initiative that brings together creativity and innovation. Learn about how Eileen Fisher is changing the way clothes are made from sustainable sourcing to her innovative take-back initiative. Thursday 14 September, 6-8pm
- Hidden Reef collection launch, Annoushka – discover the new Hidden Reef collection, inspired by the abundant textures and colours of the organic life found below the sea, and learn more about the craftsmanship behind Annoushka’s designs.
- Series of ‘how to’ masterclasses, Little Greene – To celebrate the introduction of three new finishes for September, they will be hosting a series of ‘how to’ masterclasses at their Chelsea Showroom.
- Drawing attention: The Digital Culture of Contemporary Architectural Drawings, Roca London – an exhibition curated by the professors at Rhode Island School of Design, Harvard and Carnegie Mellon Universities which reveals the promise and the speculative future of drawing: its capacity to structure, imagine, realise, speculate, transform, politicise and activate the design imagination.
- ARTEFACT FOOTWEAR PATTERNS FUTURES, London College of Fashion – Challenging the notion of how products change and influence the world we live in, ARTEFACT FOOTWEAR PATTERNS FUTURES exhibits selected work from London College of Fashion, UAL’s MA Artefact, Footwear, Pattern and Garment Technology and Fashion Future’s graduates. Private views: Thursday 19th 6-8.30pm, Friday 20th 11am-6pm, Saturday 21st 11am-6pm
- Exclusive new Barnaby Gates tile collection, Parkside – Parkside has announced its collaborated with Barnaby Gates. Drop by their Chelsea Design Studio to be one of the first to see the new collection. Open Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm and Saturday 10am-4pm
- Peloton – your chance to experience Peloton, book an appointment at the King’s Road showroom, to try the Bike, get a personalised tutorial and learn about their Digital offering.
- Farrow & Ball, 19 September– hands-on creative demonstrations and imaginative installations, and get bespoke advice from colour experts.
- Lema – Presenting the highly customisable LT40 modular storage system by David Lopez Quincoces, resulting from a long conceptual study and an attentive industrial development. Visit Lema’s King’s Road Flagship Store to discover this and other new, iconic designs. Lema X LDF Cocktail Reception: Thursday 19 September – 6.30-8.30pm
- The Ilse Crawford’s pop-up, George Smith – a pop-up exhibition space showcasing new pieces from Ilse Crawford’s collaboration with George Smith and other brands.
Pick up a copy of the London Design Festival to enjoy the area even more, popping into restaurants and bars to receive exclusive discounts in celebration of the festival. Show your guide whilst dining and indulge even more with these offers:
- Rabbit, SW3 4UP – Receive a complimentary glass of sparkling wine from their vineyard in West Sussex and famous collection of ‘mouthfuls’ on arrival. Please show your guide on arrival and note the offer is only available at lunchtimes.
- Manicomio, SW3 4LY – Renowned Italian is offering 15% off a la carte during the festival. Quote ‘LDF’ when booking.
- Gallery Mess, SW3 4LY – arty and historic Gallery Mess is offering a 20% discount on food and drinks when you present your guide.
- Sticks N Sushi, SW3 4NY – Enjoy a complimentary glass of sparkling Sake whilst dining.
- Hans’ Bar & Grill, SW1X 0AW – Receive 15% off the total bill when dining at Hans’ Bar & Grill. It’s popular, so we recommend booking. Use quote ‘LDF2019’.