"London Craft Week is a response to a renaissance in the appreciation of creativity and craft; to the role of hand, head, unique skills and true talent. It is another example of what, at its best, the world's creative capital does so well - mixing glamour with cutting edge; heritage and contemporary with the commercial with the cultural." - Guy Salter, OBE MVO, Chairman of London Craft Week
"Whether your intention is to consume or simply converse, if you appreciate beauty and the value of craftsmanship, then London Craft Week is one of the month's must-visit events." - Charlotte Abrahams, FT How to Spend It
Returning for its fifth year, London Craft Week returns to London for a magical combination of imagination, individuality, passion and skill and Chelsea is delighted to be part of it. Celebrating the masters of creativity, Artisan Chelsea will join a curated programme of events which will allow you meet the markers and gain access to exclusive exhibitions, demonstrations and workshops.
The Weave Workshop at Anya Hindmarch, 9 May & 11 May
- See the brand’s craftspeople demonstrate the intricate weaving technique used to create the Neeson Collection. Weave your own design to take home. Booking necessary.
Macgregor and Michael: A Leather Masterclass at Bentley’s, 8-11 May
- Join traditional leather craftsmen, Neil Macgregor and Valerie Michael as they recreate a Victorian Gladstone bag and reveal their techniques. Booking not necessary.
An Emporium of British Craftsmanship at Smythson, 8 May
- Discover Smythson’s rich and rather curious craftsmanship history and enjoy a rare glimpse of how each piece is brought to life. Join them for a glass of champagne in this one-of-a-kind workshop. Booking not necessary.
Liberty Shorts-Making Workshop at The Fashion School, 12 May
- Join The Fashion School in Chelsea, a hub of responsible fashion, to make a pair of beach or bed shorts in signature Liberty-printed fabric. Beginner friendly, booking necessary.
Artisan Ice-Cream Tasting at Ice Cream Union, 8-10 May
- Learn how artisan ice creams are produced and how it differs from industrially produced varieties. Booking necessary.
The Craft of Cheesemaking at London Cheesemongers, 8-9 May
- In a delicious tasting, discover examples from producers and maturers who work tirelessly to turn a variable raw ingredient into a household favourite, cheese. The tasting will substitute as a light meal, including 6-10 cheese, bread biscuits and interesting wines and beers. Booking necessary (18+).
Designing a Jewel in Support of Horatio’s Garden at Cassandra Goad, 8 May
- To celebrate the work of Horatio’s Garden, a charity which helps spinal injury patients in NHS hospitals, Cassandra Goad launches her new quote pendant, inscribed with inspiring words from the family of the charity’s’ namesake. Booking necessary.
- Crafting the neighbourhood for over 300 year – from exquisite detailing on historic buildings to the wider urban environment, past to present, micro to macro – join Cadogan to discover Chelsea from the perspective of the craftsmen who made it.
Restoring a London Legend at Belmond Cadogan, date TBC
- Following a historic renovation, the Belmond Cadogan Hotel reopened this year. Rediscover the London legend with an afternoon tea or cocktail at Adam Handling Chelsea.