- This event has passed.
Arts & Crafts Festival 2018
September 11 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The annual festival returns to celebrate the Arts and Crafts movement at the Holy Trinity Church. In association with Open House Weekend, from 20-23 September, take part in the festival which seeks to celebrate beauty in craft, as well as bring to life the socio-political context that underpinned the Arts and Crafts movement in the late 19th Century.
The festival has three main goals; to highlight exquisite craftsmanship in a wide range of disciplines, understand the symbolic relationship with the Catholic revival in Church of England and provide an urgent voice that’s peaks to the contemporary relevant social context of original movement. The Holy Trinity Church itself bestrides the aesthetic and spiritual and its creation was the coming together of the social activist, skilled artisan and the supported apprentice.
- 7.15pm – Activists, Artisans and Apprentices – three keynote talks and discussions on apprenticeships. Tickets are £10 at the door.
- The Tree of Life – from Seed to Tree – Children’s art workshop with Lily Gale and Edward Collet.
- Architecture & Activism – A conversation with Gerard Stamp and Horace Liberty. Tickets £10 at the door, include a glass of wine at 7pm
- The Tree of Life – from Seed to Tree – Children’s art exhibition, from 10am
- Guided tours of the Holy Trinity – 10am, 12 noon and 3pm.
- Creativity workshops – a number of unusual craft workshops led by experts in their respective fields. These will include art, wood carving, found objects and embroidery.
- Hearts, Hands and Voices – a concert celebrating Apprenticeship and Music in Sloane Square featuring Holy Trinity Choir, Sloane Square Choral Society and Sloane Square Choral Scholars. Tickets £16 from Cadogan Hall Box Office, includes a glass of wine.
The Tree of Life – from Seed to Tree – children’s art exhibition, from 1pm
Festival Worship with music from the Art’s & Crafts era. 8.30 Holy Communion, 11.00 Sung Eucharist and Visiting Preacher, 19.00 Choral Evensong and Benediction
Guided tours of Holy Trinity – 14.00a and 16.00