Dovehouse Green

Home   >   Arts and Culture   > Outdoors   >   Dovehouse Green

A gift to the borough from Sir Hans Sloane in 1733, this was used as a burial ground until 1824. It was developed in 1947 – 50, when the small area was opened to the public and the mortuary was demolished.

The Chelsea Society and RBKC turned the space into a garden in 1977 – a quiet space to sit and escape the buzz of the King’s Road.

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterest